YMCA Bournemouth’s Leisure Department (1 volunteers opportunities available)
YMCA Bournemouth’s Leisure Department provides quality health and fitness services for the local community. This includes Swimming Pool and Gymnasium facilities, Indoor Cycling facility, Tennis Courts, holiday club activities for children and young people and much more.
The main activities will include:
- Updating social media outlets to promote the leisure work of the department (Facebook, Twitter, Instragram).
- Assisting with administrative and marketing task within the office. This may include updating of data- bases, monitoring outcomes and research to improve services.
- Assisting staff to develop links with external Sports, Health and Fitness organisations and promote and develop their activity within the local community.
- Assisting staff with communication and administration tasks within the department.
- To support staff in promotional and marketing events when required.
- To assist Fitness Instructors and Swimming Pool Managers in delivering services and advice to clients.
- To support staff in providing coaching and play sessions within the community and local schools.
- Assisting staff to provide holiday sport activities to children and young people in the local area.
- Attending and contributing to team meetings.
- Attend relevant training as required.
This role will also involve 1 day a week within the YMCA housing department. The role will include:
- Assisting staff with communication on the main reception desk and administration tasks within the department.
- Support staff to deliver activities for residents including social, sports and artistic events.
- Help staff to oversee group sessions for residents such as “Overcomers Outreach” and “Snack and Chat”.
- Assisting kitchen staff in preparation and delivery of food for residents (if certificated to do so).
- Supporting housing staff to provide low-level housing support to residents.