- This event has passed.
Bournemouth & Poole College Sleep Easy 2017
29th March 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 30th March 2017 @ 8:00 am
Sleep Easy is a YMCA fundraising initiative raising money to help change the lives of vulnerable people. Since the event began in 2010, almost 1 million pounds have been raised by hundreds of people across the UK who chose to sleep rough for just one night to support their local YMCAs.
Last year, YMCA Bournemouth had over 50 people making inventive shelters to stay warm when temperatures got down to 1 degrees!
- Join the worldwide initiative and help combat youth homelessness whilst adding charity work to your CV!
There will be lots of activities on the night including:
- A shelter competition with prizes (cardboard provided)
- Quiz with prizes
- ‘Keep Warm’ exercises
- Big brother booth recording your thoughts through the night
Registration fee: £5 per person (through MyDonate – click here).
Fundraising target: Minimum £50 per person (through MyDonate – click here)
Date: Friday 28th April 2017 7pm until 8am on Saturday 29th April
Location: Poole College, North Road, Poole, BH14 0LS
Age restrictions: Under 18’s allowed with consent
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
How your money can make a difference:
- £5 could provide a counselling session to someone who needs to talk to someone they can trust
- £22 could provide a one hour intensive 1:1 support session with a trained support worker
- £50 could provide accommodation and 2 hours support for a week for a person in living in our accommodation
We can confirm that the Salvation Army, Creams Cafe and Domino’s Pizza will be sponsoring the event.
Register your interest here and we will get you signed up: