- This event has passed.
The Marathon Festival: run for free and change people’s lives!
7th October 2018
The Bournemouth Marathon Festival returns on 7 October this year and it’s going to be great! It’s also a brilliant opportunity to help raise funds for YMCA Bournemouth and make a real difference to people’s lives… while you run for free!
Known for excellent organisation, fantastic encouragement from spectators and some of the best marathon scenery in the world, the Bournemouth Marathon is a hugely popular international event for experienced runners and beginners alike.
And the festival’s not just for long-distance adult runners: its other events being the Bournemouth Half Marathon, the Supersonic 10k, Supernova 5k, the Junior 5k, the Junior 2k, the Junior 1.5k and the Kids Kilometre. You could get sponsored for any of these on our behalf and get a whole bunch of goodies and support for doing so!
Even better, if you manage to raise £2000 in whatever event you take part in, you’ll receive a LIFE membership at The Junction Sports and Leisure Centre, Broadstone and Lifewise Gym in Westover Road, Bournemouth – a prize worth thousands of pounds!
Pledge to raise at least the minimum amount and you will get…
- Refunded cost of entry (up to £53.50)
- Free gym membership (for adults)
at the Junction Sports and Leisure Centre, Broadstone and Lifewise Gym in Westover Road, Bournemouth, from now until the date of the event
- or Free Fusion fitness membership (for 11- to 15-year-olds)
at the Junction Sports and Leisure Centre, Broadstone, from now until the date of the event, consisting of cardio/resistance machines from 3.30-5pm Mon-Fri and free public swimming
- or Free swimming membership (for under 11-year-olds)
at the Junction Sports and Leisure Centre, Broadstone, from now until the date of the event
- A YMCA Bournemouth running vest to use and to keep
- Free fitness programme and specialised running coach advice
based in Broadstone or Bournemouth as needed
- Fundraising/Sponsorship resources, e.g. online donor page, sponsor forms and advice
- Team YMCA Facebook Group to share training tips, photos and experiences
We also offer special support, benefits and publicity for any schools, businesses or organisations who’d like to take part. Please get in touch for details.
All you have to do is…
- Bournemouth Marathon: raise £300 and we’ll refund your £53.50 entry fee
- Bournemouth Half Marathon: raise £175 and we’ll refund your £33.50 entry fee
- Supersonic 10k: raise £125 and we’ll refund your £27.50 entry fee
- Supernova 5k: raise £75 and we’ll refund your £17.50 entry fee
- Junior 5k, 2k, 1.5k or Kids Kilometre: raise £50 and we’ll refund your £9.50 entry fee
YMCA Bournemouth believe that everyone, and young people in particular, should have:
- a safe place to stay
- the support they need to develop and lead more fulfilling lives
- the benefits of good health and wellbeing
- someone they can trust
Running for us will help change someone’s life today to make a better tomorrow.
To register your interest or ask any questions, please contact Jason Thomas on 01202 777766 or at firstname.lastname@example.org