- This event has passed.
Sleep Easy 2017
17th March 2017 @ 7:00 pm - 18th March 2017 @ 8:00 am
THE AIM: 100 people, sleeping rough for one night, raising money to combat youth homelessness!
Sleep Easy is a YMCA fundraising initiative raising money to help change the lives of vulnerable people. Since the event began in 2010, almost 1 million pounds have been raised by hundreds of people across the UK who chose to sleep rough for just one night to support their local YMCAs.
Last year, YMCA Bournemouth had over 50 people making inventive shelters to stay warm when temperatures got down to 1 degrees!
- Join the worldwide initiative and help combat youth homelessness whilst adding charity work to your CV!
There will be lots of activities on the night including:
- A shelter competition with prizes (cardboard provided)
- Quiz with prizes
- ‘Keep Warm’ exercises
- Big brother booth recording your thoughts through the night
Registration fee: £5 per person (through MyDonate).
Fundraising target: Minimum £50 per person (through MyDonate)
Date: Friday 17th March 2017 7pm until 8am on Saturday 18th March
Location: St Michael’s School, Somerville Road, Bournemouth, BH2 5LH
Age restrictions: Over 18’s (under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult)
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
How your money can make a difference:
- £5 could provide a counselling session to someone who needs to talk to someone they can trust
- £22 could provide a one hour intensive 1:1 support session with a trained support worker
- £50 could provide accommodation and 2 hours support for a week for a person in living in our accommodation
We can confirm that the Salvation Army, Creams Cafe and Domino’s Pizza will be sponsoring the event.
Register your interest here and we will get you signed up: