Sleep Easy – Bournemouth and Poole College 17/11/2017
November 17 @ 7:00 pm - November 18 @ 8:00 am
THE AIM: 100 people, sleeping rough for one night, raising money to combat youth homelessness!
Sleep Easy is a YMCA fundraising initiative raising money to help change the lives of vulnerable people. Since the event began in 2010, almost 1 million pounds have been raised by hundreds of people across the UK who chose to sleep rough for just one night to support their local YMCAs.
Last year, YMCA Bournemouth had over 50 people raising funds and making inventive shelters (and eating pizza!) to get them through the night.
If you are a student at Bournemouth and Poole College, you can join in this worldwide initiative to help combat youth homelessness whilst adding charity work to your CV. (If you’re not a Bournemouth and Poole College student but would like to take part in a future event, please let us know).
There will be lots of activities on the night including:
- A shelter competition with prizes (cardboard provided)
- Quiz with prizes
- ‘Keep Warm’ exercises
- Free takeaway food for those taking part
Restrictions: Students of Bournemouth and Poole College Only
Registration fee: FREE
Fundraising target: Minimum £50 per person
How your money can make a difference:
- £5 could provide a counselling session to someone who needs to talk to someone they can trust
- £22 could provide a one hour intensive 1:1 support session with a trained support worker
- £50 could provide accommodation and two hours support for a week for a person in living in our accommodation
Date: Friday 17th November 2017 7pm until 8am on Saturday 18th November
Location: Bournemouth and Poole College, North Rd, Poole BH14 0LS
To express your interest please fill in the form below or for further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org