Morning and afternoon spaces available – call 01202 391 500
About our Pre-School
Teddy’s Pre-School is an Ofsted registered early years setting based in Pokesdown, managed by the YMCA Bournemouth.
The setting is open between the hours of 8.30-4.00 p.m. and currently provides morning and afternoon sessions for children aged between 2-4 years in receipt of Early Education Funding on a term time only basis.
There is a ‘top up’ available at a small fee, for more information please give the Preschool a call asking to speak with Kerry.
For further information, including specific session times and availability or to arrange a visit please contact:
- Kerry Smith, Manager on Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call 01202 391500.
Meeting your child’s learning and development needs
The setting works within the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum by using a child centred approach to promote individual interests, learning and development within Prime and Specific areas of learning:
- Personal, social & emotional development
- Communication & language
- Physical development
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive arts & design
What can teddy’s Pre-School offer you?
Kerry Smith, Manager leads a team of friendly well qualified and skilled early years practitioners who work to support the individual child, offering a wealth of learning opportunities through free flow play and activities both inside and outside including
- Arts, crafts, junk modelling and mark making
- Messy and sensory play
- Cookery and learning about healthy eating
- Storytelling, role play and puppetry
- Music, movement and singing
- Physical activities including group and parachute games
- ICT using Ipads and media
- A vast selection of resources and toys to suit individual interests such as cars, trains, construction bricks and blocks and puzzles.
Our team are well experienced in supporting children’s individual needs and believe that the parent is the greatest educator of all, by working together we can help to support your child to enable them to reach their full potential whilst learning in a safe, secure and homely environment.
The setting provides a healthy varied snack for children to enjoy during each session, meeting all dietary and medical requirements.
Testimonials from parents
“My daughter likes the stories, garden and all the team. She absolutely loves this place. I also recommend this place to all of my friends.”
“My child is more confident, she tries to communicate with others in English, and she learns to dress up by herself and to share toys. She loves the singing and playing with the children.”
“They go above and beyond for the children, helping them through play, building friendships and supporting them”
“All the team members are great. They are kind, helpful and patient. My child likes them all”
“They have helped my child gain confidence and supported [her] with speech challenges. They have supported us as a family too”
“I like that there is frequent communication, the monthly newsletters are great and if I ever have any questions the team are more than happy to help.”
Ofsted Report 2016
The setting received a ‘GOOD’ outcome following the last Ofsted inspection in April 2016.
- Information regarding 3-4 year old Early Education Funding
- Information regarding 2 year old Early Education Funding/Two’s Too
- Information regarding the Safeguarding of children, including what to do if you have a concern about a child
- Information regarding children’s services
- If you require information and advice about special educational needs and disabilities for people who live in Bournemouth click here.