This course runs for seven hours, from 9.30am – 4.30pm and can serve a maximum of 13 people.
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Know how to use a range of fire controls
- Understand the importance of a prompt and safe evacuation of the workplace
- Know how to support individuals during an evacuation
- Understand the roles of the fire marshal in the workplace
- Practical use of water extinguisher, a fire blanket and a Co2 extinguisher
This qualification is available to those over 14 years. No previous first aid knowledge is required, although it is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level One literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
About the Qualification
Employers are legally required to comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, and to have staff trained to assist with fire safety duties, such as firefighting and fire detection, evacuation and providing fire safety assistance. This nationally recognised course, regulated under OfQual, is designed for staff designated as Fire Marshals in the workplace.
Re-qualification is necessary after three year. Each learner will receive a personalised certificate.
The training will provide Fire Marshals with a thorough understanding of fire risks, how to prevent fires and how to safely evacuate a building. The course includes a practical element in the use of fire extinguishers.
- The Hinton Room, YMCA Bournemouth, Delta House, 56 Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BS
- Townsend Youth Centre, Jewell Road, Townsend, Bournemouth BH8 0LT
- The Stourvale Centre, 108 Stourvale Road, Bournemouth BH6 5JB
Attendees should remember to bring one form of photographic ID e.g. passport, driving licence, or two forms of non-photographic ID e.g. birth certificate, utility bill.
£50 per attendee (instant teas and coffee available).
Tuesday 29 October 2019, Bournemouth
Wednesday 11 December 2019, Bournemouth
To enquire, please use the form below or call Heather Chandler on 01202 290451 Ext. 4005.
Did you know?
The revenue generated from our training courses contributes to our charitable aims and our ability to make a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people locally.
Fire Marshal Training • Equality and Diversity • Emergency First Aid at Work • Health & Safety • Manual Handling Loads at Work • Workplace Risk Assessment • CoSHH • Emergency Paedeatric First Aid • Professional Boundaries • Safeguarding
How You Can Help Us!
Since August 2018, over 400 individuals and representatives of local organisations achieved certification from YMCA Bournemouth and their partners.
Get in touch
56 Westover Road
Bournemouth BH1 2BS
01202 290451 Ext. 4005