This course runs for seven hours, between 9.30am – 4.30pm, and can serve a maximum of 16 people.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understanding how risk assessments contribute to health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards, e.g. fire safety, manual handling, working at height, noise etc.
- Knowledge of the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace.
This qualification is available to those over 16 years. No previous knowledge is required, although it is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level one literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
About the Qualification
YMCA has teamed with Robust Safety Solutions, registered with UK Qualifications Network (UKQN) as an authorised training centre, to deliver this nationally recognised health and safety qualification. The qualification is regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and CCEA Regulation in Northern Ireland.
Re-qualification is recommended after three years. For more information about this qualification, click here.
This qualification indicates the individual can undertake a specific role in the workplace and can be relied upon by the employer. The individual will have successfully learnt the course content which is designed to meet current UK legislation.
- The Hinton Room, YMCA Bournemouth, Delta House, 56 Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BS
- Townsend Youth Centre, Jewell Road, Townsend, Bournemouth BH8 0LT
- The Stourvale Centre, 108 Stourvale Road, Bournemouth BH6 5JB
Attendees should remember to bring one form of photographic ID e.g. passport, driving licence, or two forms of non-photographic ID e.g. birth certificate, utility bill.
£55 per participant (instant teas and coffee are available).
There is a short multiple choice questionnaire to pass this course.
Tuesday 28 July 2020, The Hinton Room
To enquire, please use the form below or call Martin Stockley on 01202 290451
Did you know?
The revenue generated from our training courses contributes to our charitable aims and our ability to make a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people locally.
CoSHH • Equality and Diversity • Fire Marshal • First Aid at Work • Health & Safety • Manual Handling • Microsoft Software • Paediatric First Aid • Professional Boundaries • Safeguarding • Social Media • Workplace Risk Assessment
How You Can Help Us!
Since August 2018, over 400 individuals and representatives of local organisations achieved certification from YMCA Bournemouth and their partners.
Get in touch
56 Westover Road
Bournemouth BH1 2BS
01202 290451 Ext. 4005