This course runs for three hours and thirty minutes, between 9am – 12 midday and can serve a maximum of 13 people.
- Exploration of the range of relationships in the workplace
- The difference between professional and personal relationships – and when they overlap
- The risks of not maintaining professional boundaries – examples of when it goes wrong
- How to maintain positive professional relationships
- What might be ‘professional’ in different situations
- Different modes of contact (e.g. face to face, social media)
This qualification is available to those over 14 years of age. No previous knowledge is required, although it is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level one literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
About the Qualification
YMCA Bournemouth has teamed with Alison Orman to deliver a training to support attendees to develop appropriate professional relationships in their work places. Alison is a qualified trainer with a background managing services in the disability and social care sectors.
Attendees will return to their workplace with an overall understanding of professional boundaries and an ability to adapt their learning to their specific work environment and role.
- The Hinton Room, YMCA Bournemouth, Delta House, 56 Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BS
- Townsend Youth Centre, Jewell Road, Townsend, Bournemouth BH8 0LT
- The Stourvale Centre, 108 Stourvale Road, Bournemouth BH6 5JB
Attendees should remember to bring one form of photographic ID e.g. passport, driving licence, or two forms of non-photographic ID e.g. birth certificate, utility bill.
£25 per delegate (instant teas and coffee are available).
Firday 4 October, Bournemouth
To enquire, please use the form below or call Heather Chandler on 01202 290451 Ext. 4005.
Did you know?
The revenue generated from our training courses contributes to our charitable aims and our ability to make a positive impact on the lives of vulnerable people locally.
Fire Marshal Training • Equality and Diversity • Emergency First Aid at Work • Health & Safety • Manual Handling Loads at Work • Workplace Risk Assessment • CoSHH • Emergency Paedeatric First Aid • Professional Boundaries • Safeguarding
How You Can Help Us!
Since August 2018, over 400 individuals and representatives of local organisations achieved certification from YMCA Bournemouth and their partners.
Get in touch
56 Westover Road
Bournemouth BH1 2BS
01202 290451 Ext. 4005